I saw this abomination at my local Real Canadian Superstore:
I'm not totally against convenience food from the grocery store - they have their place and their time. I have never used a cooked chicken breast product myself, but this one upset me. Let me rant about these real quick:
- Buffalo is a place, therefore it needs to be capitalized.
- Buffalo style? So they are deep fried breasts tossed in a cayenne/butter sauce? Doubt it. Why are there grill marks?
- Meat protein is 20% ? Shouldn't it be 100%?*
- $5 for 200g seems like a lot ...
*admittedly I have no idea how this is calculated, but to an uneducated protein calculator like myself, something as low as 20% makes it seem super artificial.
THEN I flipped it over:
- MICROWAVE HEATING INSTRUCTIONS!?!??! Ewww.
- Why is there sugar in this? Or soy?
- What is the hot sauce?
- Dehydrated red wine? That's interesting . . .
Maybe these would be ok to taste? I just don't think so. I would much rather cook a raw breast and avoid all the filler and the preservatives and make my own hot sauce.
Would you use this? Have you? Let me know.