Wednesday 21 September 2011

WWWWWW #49 - Ice Cream Club



Yes, World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday. WWWWWW. This is where I will surf the Web, and find other people talking about chicken wings. The world is full of chicken wing stories, wacky and otherwise. Recipes, restaurant reviews, eating contests or whatever. Today's Blog relating to wings in some shape or form:



How would you like to to join a club that is all about ice cream? Well if you live in NYC, you can. The Ice Cream Club. What are they really about? Well straight from their website info:  "Ice Cream Club is a group in NYC that does a buncha things with ice cream. Take ice cream classes, subscribe to our ice cream CSA, or just show up to swap pints. We meet on the second Sunday of the month." Sounds tasty in my opinion. So what is the deal with them on LOTW? Ya, they did it. They did it. They made Buffalo Wing Ice Cream.


I have to include the whole post because, well I just do:

"Buffalo Wing: I am only telling you how to make this so you never ever ever do it. Cream about 1/3 cup sugar with 1/3 cup butter. Add enough Frank’s Hot Sauce until it tastes like buffalo sauce. Combine with 1c cream, 1c milk. Add bits of blue cheese when it’s almost done in the machine.
I mean, it does taste like buffalo wings, but there’s a time and a place for that flavor, and I’m not sure it’s in ice cream. I am not tough enough to mix in the celery I bought."

I like all things wings, but this might be the one thing I would really have to be in an experimental mood for . . . but awesome that it was tried.

3 comments:

Lord of the Wings said...

@Teena - I would try it . . . but I don't know if I'd like it.

Chris said...

Then you could make it into a milkshake to go along with your hotwings:)

Lord of the Wings said...

@Chris - hmmmmm intersting idea . . .