Monday 19 September 2011

First Wings in the Caf

What's for dinner?

Well tonight in the dining hall at work it was the first wings of the year (the work year here starting in September).


Tonight they were serving them up honey garlic and bbq, with hot & more honey garlic on the side. I asked for the wings sauceless. The wings tonight had a heavy flour dusting. They were deep fried, and because they are serving hundreds of pounds, weren't straight from the fryer. They weren't the crispest at this point, but still good fried chicken.


On my wing journey were four lovely ladies. Mel, Lisa, Kat and Claire. Claire refrained from wings this night, but she normally loves them. As you can tell, the rest enjoyed their meals.


 I took the dry wings and poured a bowl of some Frank's sauce. I added some Sriracha, some Tobasco and some vinegar. I took the dry wings in a bowl, poured the sauce mix over, then put another bowl on top and shook.

On the left, the wings sauced (poured over). On the right, 15 seconds of tossing.


The final product was a super saucy wing. The meat just fell away from the bones, so I basically dissected each wing, and could dip the meat into the sauce bone free.



I started off with a double order of wings (over 10 wings). I was still hungry so I went up for more. I just grabbed a plated wings of BBQ, and then did the whole sauce thing again. Tasty.

The wings were good. They weren't the best I've had in the caf, but they were good. I was very satisfied at the end of the night.


Here is our collective bone basket. May all those chickens rest in piece.

5 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I haven't had brekkie yet ... you've made me even hungrier!

Lord of the Wings said...

@Teena - this blog has that affect on people! Can I interest you in a breakfast wing?

Chris said...

Making your own sauce on the spot...love it.

Anonymous said...

Tnem bones are so clean I thought they were fries.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Chris - I am the McGyver of the caf.

@Anonymous - that's how good the wings are.