Wednesday 21 September 2011

This Pizza Hut Wingnormous Commercial Bothers Me

I got an add in my inbox from Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut changed over to Wing Street not long ago, and I thought they weren't bad. The pizza isn't as good as it used to be in my opinion though. But decent new wings. And  I don't mind advertisement, especially about wings. But I got the one below and it bothered me. 


Can you guess what is wrong?


  • The $25 Wingnormous deal is the same as their other Panormous combo - same amount of everything just re-branded.
  • 10 wings should never be referred to as anything 'normous'.
  • You can not have a Wing Eating competition with 10 wings. Unless its to see the minimum number of wings eaten by a person in 5 minutes.
  • "It's a guy thing" - what is? A wing eating competition? Is Pizza Hut aware of Sonya Thomas, the 'Black Widow' who ate 183 wings in 12 minutes? (that is a wing eating competition).
  • There are 4 cans of pop, which suggests this combo is for 4 people. Sure there is a lot of pizza for 4 people, but 10 wings divided by 4 is 2.5.      2.5.   How do you share wings like that? How is 2.5 a reasonable amount of wings. 

That's my rant. I know I'm ridiculous, but wings are my business. I understand what they are doing, trying to make it all 'bro' friendly and hip and macho, but they aren't hitting the mark in my opinion. Grrrrrr.

Anything make you irrationally annoyed?
Does this advert bother you?

8 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I used to love their pizza but it's not as good as it used to be :(

Lord of the Wings said...

@Teena - I used to see them as a specialty pizza, decadant and goey. Now . . . it's just sad.

Jason Wayne Riddell said...

Other thing I love about the Hut there is, even on the web page it mentions if you order online your total maybe different then that the store charges..think for a minute. So last time I ordered, a similar deal but was only half the panormous and a 1/2 pasta and 10 wings. when the driver got here it was $11 difference, even he was like wth. So I paid it and I'll be damned if I order from them again

The Numerator said...

You know what make me irrationally annoyed? People who complain about things that are ridiculous and only play into the concept they are panning. I'm going to guess 5-10 readers are going to see this idea and not walk away with the realization that pizza hut is just another corporate behemoth pandering to the lowest common denominator, but with a pizza hut craving.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Jason - That sucks - that's a good warning.


@Numerator - Are you trying to say readers on this blog are so easily duped? And thanks for thinking I have 5-10 readers.

The Wing Review said...

I like your style. Im right with ya. Question everything! You see right through this BS.

Chris said...

"How do you share wings like that? How is 2.5 a reasonable amount of wings"

Easily. You say, "Alright, you guys can have the pizza, I'm taking these wings"

:)

Lord of the Wings said...

@The Wing Review - Thanks. You have to call them out or they will never learn

@Chris- Good strategy!