I got an add in my inbox from Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut changed over to Wing Street not long ago, and I thought they weren't bad. The pizza isn't as good as it used to be in my opinion though. But decent new wings. And I don't mind advertisement, especially about wings. But I got the one below and it bothered me.
Can you guess what is wrong?
- The $25 Wingnormous deal is the same as their other Panormous combo - same amount of everything just re-branded.
- 10 wings should never be referred to as anything 'normous'.
- You can not have a Wing Eating competition with 10 wings. Unless its to see the minimum number of wings eaten by a person in 5 minutes.
- "It's a guy thing" - what is? A wing eating competition? Is Pizza Hut aware of Sonya Thomas, the 'Black Widow' who ate 183 wings in 12 minutes? (that is a wing eating competition).
- There are 4 cans of pop, which suggests this combo is for 4 people. Sure there is a lot of pizza for 4 people, but 10 wings divided by 4 is 2.5. 2.5. How do you share wings like that? How is 2.5 a reasonable amount of wings.
That's my rant. I know I'm ridiculous, but wings are my business. I understand what they are doing, trying to make it all 'bro' friendly and hip and macho, but they aren't hitting the mark in my opinion. Grrrrrr.
Anything make you irrationally annoyed?
Does this advert bother you?