Wednesday 17 January 2007

Chestnut Report - Part IX

"No animals were harmed in the making of this blog.
We tried, but that damn monkey was just too fast.
This is the Chestnut Report!"




Welcome back to Part IX of a XX part series, 'Better Know a Chestnut Wing'

Mission Accomplished.

We did it Wing Nation! Woooo! Woot Woot! We did it. And by we, I mean me. I brought back the great Chestnut Wing, The Fight'n Chestnut!

See, on this blog, your voice will be heard...in the form of my voice. If you recall, my voice called for the Chestnut Tree to get back on track and bring back the crunchy, tasty and spicy chicken wing we all knew and loved. I almost put these wings On Notice. Almost told the world that something might be wrong with these wings. But my voice was heard, problems solved and soon my belly would be full.


First, the Suicide Sauce made a fantastic return. People left and right were burning their tongues trying to taste freedom in sauce form. This sauce, chalk full of jalapeno pepper, onion, hot sauce, paprika, Mexican spice and so much more was a key to these wings taking off. For me, only a bowl full would do.


Of course, enemy to wings, Juliana, flaunted her turkey pita in front of the glory of the wings. Protesting against the deliciousnous of these crispy chicken digits and mocking everything decent that we stand for. That's it, Juliana, YOUR ON NOTICE! You'd be on the Dead to Me board already if you didn't keep me company in the caf on a regular basis.




So you may be asking, "Where is the proof that you caused this Wing King?" to which I would tell you, bugger off. A real Wing Nation citizen wouldn't ask that. They believe in what I say. Not because of facts or evidence, but because what I say comes from the gut. Literally. But I do it for you.

See, this blog is not about me. This program is dedicated to you, the heroes... the people who read this blog. You get it, and you come from a long line of it-getters. When I say something is not hot, its not hot, and you get that. And that's what I like about you.


But if I do have to answer the nay-sayers out there as to how I know it was me that brought the wing back, its because of my conversation with Chef Nathan. That's right. When I entered the caf he pointed to the bubbling pot of suicide with a sign warning of "extremely hot" and "no joking". He pointed to the pot and he said "that is for you." That's how I know he gets it.


What else brought back these great wings? The texture. They were crispy, crunchy. The way we like them. The voices around me, the plates after plates, we all knew it: the wings were back and better than before. I loved these just BBQ alone, but I of course had to dip them in the bowl-o-suicide.




Remember Wing Nation, if you stand strong and believe that a better wing can be, it will be.

Good Night.

PS: apparantly some animals were harmed in the making of this blog - and they were delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may be full at the moment, but reading your post of the most delicious wing ever, has got me craving a spicy wing. I've never had a Chestnut Wing, but I have faith in great leader, glorious provider!
I, a fellow "it-getter" am leaving now, to order wings. Together, Wing Nation can defeat the evil-doers and prevent the terrorist from winning.
ATGI-BT