Thursday 19 November 2009

Ottawa Tonight . . . on wings

Fellow food blogger Foodie Prints sent me a link to the website Ottawa Tonight who was chatting about chicken wings last week:



They talk about 3 places to go for wings: Local Heroes, Wild Wings & the Senate Chambers.

Local Heroes: "good wings, great wings actually." They mention you are always greeted with a smile, and I have to say I have had some unfriendly service here before, but the wings are good here.

Wild Wing: "Large selection – nothing tastes that great, everything is frozen, and I can pass on the fried pickles" Yes side dishes are frozen (but pass on fried pickles, really? c'mon!). The wings are meaty and tasty, even if the sauces are bottle brands. And my service here has always been friendly.

Senate Chambers: "The wings came plated with the usual boring salary and carrot and a lump of sour cream, but the wings where well cooked, juicy, the sauce was nice, not over the top, and the price was much better than I expected" Well I've never been there, so I can't say. Sour Cream is boring, but are they actually complaining about 'salary' (celery) and carrots? And what is over the top sauce? But I am intrigued by the fact its on the 'Amercian side' of the Ottawa Airport.


So they are asking for the Internet's input on our favourite Ottawa wings . . . I'd do it, but that's why I have this blog. What are YOUR Ottawa faves?


PS: what is with using someone else's photos for the article? I mean kudos for giving credit, but still . . .

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I've been in Ottawa all week and haven't found great wings.

Tonight's wings were ho-hum :(

http://purple4mee.blogspot.com/2009/11/fox-feather.html

Don said...

Glad to read your two cents on the list of three wing places.

I've had pretty good service and decent wings at Local Heroes.

I've not eaten at Wild Wings before but have had their wings as takeout. The wings themselves aren't bad.

Lord of the Wings said...

Teena - Now you know my pain since moving to Ottawa - good wings are hard to find!!!

Don - Thanks for sending me the link. Where is your favourite wings in Ottawa?