A few observations from the above video from the Dale & Thomas website:
Take 23: Correct me if I'm wrong, but your standing in front of Cheers. Cheers is in Boston. Does Boston know how to make good wings? Did Cheers ever serve food, let alone wings? To be fair, you, Chef Ed, did say "finally, the real taste of Buffalo Wings" but it helps if you actually try Buffalo Wings. Cute video though. But it makes me question if your popcorn actually captures the right flavour.
- ED: "Very secret Buffalo Spices" - I want to know the secret
- ED: "Different chilies; We use vinegar in there; Some garlic." - oh, thanks for the secret. Good flavours in there so far.
- Marc adds "And what are hot wings, without the blue cheese?" - that's right. Ottawa, pay attention. Blue Cheese, not sour cream.
- ED: "We make it with real blue cheese" - Good.
- Then they combine the two flavours together so you get Hot Wing and Blue Cheese.
- ED: "We've been trying to figure out how to get celery in there, but you know, we haven't got that quite yet" - Liar. I don't think you have. I would try celery salt.
So despite my jests, this looks really tasty. And I would love to try it.
Oh wait, I can't.
Baaahhhh! On vacation? You tell that SOB flavour to get back to work! And no I won't enjoy Blue Ribbon Chili and Sour Cream instead. This is Lord of the Wings, not Lord of the Chili and Sour Cream Popcorn! That's way too long to put as a blog name.
Oh well, it was interesting videos anyway. Now I'm hungry for chicken wing popcorn. Or just chicken wings. Or even popcorn. Damn you Food Network, always makin' me hungry.
Click HERE for more Chicken Wings on Screen Reviews.