Thursday 20 August 2020

#tbt & #lostreview - MYSTERY THAI STUFFED WINGS from OTTAWA in 2014

 It's time again for another #tbt & #lostreview !

This week is a complete mystery.

This is what I know: I was in Ottawa visiting LJ when her apartment was in Hintonburg. We got take-out or delivery that was either Vietnamese or Thai. That's all I know. Where were these Stuffed Chicken Wings from?!?!?!



When I saved these photos in 2014, I labeled them "Thai Stuffed Wings" ... but they actually look Vietnamese to me. But I don't know! Can you identify where they are from?


Two came in an order - both wingettes with the tips still on.


They were super crispy from being deep fried.


Look at that skin!


The inside seems to have been a mince of pork, carrot, maybe onion, maybe some sort of green vegetable. 


What I remember about them was that we were not crazy about them. They really needed a sauce to go with them because the inside was dry. 



When I asked LJ this week if she remembered them or where we got them, she had no idea about the restaurant, but she remembered not liking these. It reminded her of all the things she dislikes about egg rolls but in a chicken wing.


It's so weird that I didn't label it better or that after searching the internet, even old menus, I can't figure out where these chicken wings came from.

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS STUFFED WING AND WHAT RESTAURANT IT CAME FROM???

#lotwwants2know

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nokham Thai on Richmond road was the restaurant but it closed at the beginning of the Pandemic