Tuesday 18 August 2020

Farm Report #8 - Turning Red but also Some Regression?

 



I was happy to see at the end of last week peppers turning red. One sriracha and one cayenne. Plucked them off the plant with no problem, then put them in the fridge to wait for the others to ripen. Then found a sriracha on the ground not close to the pots. Did someone think they had found a nice snack? I've put him on the window sill in hopes it will turn red instead of the dark green that it is.

We had a big storm last night; they were calling for Tornadoes and a severe thunderstorm, so I relocated the plants close to the house. Found a few more little guys ready to come off. The storm was fierce but so very short. No damage which was good. 

The only negative I'm noticing is on the srirachas. Several seem to be having some sort of growth recession on the tips; I thought this was because they had been growing on lower branches and had been stunted, but I'm seeing others have this and not near a lower branch. If you know what is causing this, please let me know!!!

When I go to water them I think I will add some more Miracle Grow. There are already several smaller peppers growing. These plants are turning out to be much better than I thought I would pull off!

No comments: