Thursday 23 April 2020

LOST REVIEW - Rock'N Horse Saloon from 2015 - Toronto ON


It's #throwbackthursday & another LOST REVIEW!!!




It was September 20th 2015, a Sunday in the city of Toronto. I don't remember much from that day, other than I went to Rock 'n' Horse Saloon on Adelaide Street in the Entertainment District. When I first moved to Toronto, I remember coming to this location when it was a dance club called LimeLight. It was scuzzy, dirty, creepy; one of my least favourite places to go clubbing in (not that I was a big clubber). After it closed in 2003 it eventually became the London Tap House (never went), and was re-purposed sometime around 2014 into the country bar it is today. Actually, I was shocked that almost 5 years later it's still up and running (well, temporarily closed for Covid-19) today.


I'm not sure why I ventured down there on a Sunday to eat;  I think I had read somewhere that they had wings on special on Sundays, but when I got there there was no wing special on.


The place is country western themed ... but it's just as much sports bar and Toronto casual restaurant as it is country bar. It was mostly empty when I got there except for a few folks at the bar. I think this place is more about the dancing and music at night than a lively Sunday lunch place.

The wing menu in 2020 is Salt & pepper, hot, honey garlic, bbq, teriyaki, Korean bbq. no idea if you still get veggies & dip though

My server was Eryca and I remember she was very friendly and took real good care of me. She chatted with me a lot and overall was very cool. I asked about the wings, she brought me my Diet Coke and was always checking in on me.


My metal basket of wings, complete with veggies, dip, wings, and a side sauce. I also got a bone plate.


The blue cheese was pretty chunky. Can't remember if it was good or not. At this point I was still taking review photos on my digital camera - I didn't have a cell phone at this point - but these photos look pretty good to me.


Pretty decent sized chicken wing, if not for a little skinny. Nicely sauced though.


I think there were 7 or 8 wings in my order which was $13 back then, but hey, they are only $14 now so the price is pretty stable!



I went with two sauces and my guess is that I had the Artisinal Hot on the wings and Bourbon BBQ on the side. Or I got Extra Hot on the wings and the Artisinal on the side, but I'm pretty sure it was the former. To be honest, I don't remember, and I don't have notes to back this up.


All I really know is that they look good.

Why didn't I take notes on these!?!?

Have you been? Is it the same? Different? #lotwwants2know

Rock 'N' Horse Saloon
250 Adelaide Street West, Toronto ON
rocknhorsesaloon.com

No comments: