Thursday 24 January 2013

Circus Circus Buffet ~ Las Vegas NV

OCTOBER 2012

On Hallowe'en, LJ and I took a trip to Las Vegas. Neither of us had ever been, we had time, so we just went. We were worried about our trip not happening as this was the time of Hurricane Sandy that was shutting down flights all over the place. Turns out we got there without any issues. 

photo I took later that night

We arrived on the Wednesday and  headed straight to our hotel: Circus Circus. The place had it's pro's and con's and I won't get into the interesting stories about the place here on the blog, but ask me sometime. Anyways, we were starved and headed to one of the restaurants advertised at the hotel. But when we got there, it was closed (like many things we found in Vegas). So we headed to the hotel buffet instead.


Our time zones were off, so the place was dead inside. A lot of the stations were not running, and not a lot of things were being refilled because, well, no one was eating it. There was a mix of options from Tex-Mex to seafood to all day breakfast. Not the best buffet options I have seen, but not terrible either.


The atmosphere and decor were nothing special. Clean though.


I was very excited to see they had fountain Wild Cherry Pepsi! It's hard to get cherry pop back in Ontario, so I took full advantage of the self serve. The orange pop was awesome too.


I enjoyed the Tex-Mex: made myself a soft shell taco (although you could have hard shell) with rice and beef and nacho cheese and jalapenos. The bacon was, well, I just couldn't resist a strip of bacon.



So not really a wing review, but they did have fried chicken. They also had fried shrimp, and some nice roasted potatoes.


The fried chicken was decent. Breaded, slightly crispy. It was ok. The shrimp was ok. The whole buffet was ok. But I had no desire to go back. Well, maybe for Cherry Pepsi. But not the food. Not really.


Circus Circus Buffet
2880 S Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas Nevada USA
circuscircus.com

3 comments:

Chris said...

"so I took full advantage of the self serve" I'm picturing you with your head turned upside down under the fountain, pouring Cherry Pepsi straight into your mouth.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Chris - that's what I wanted to do, but I didn't want to create an international incident.

Unknown said...

That food looked so unattractive.