Tuesday 10 July 2012

MISSING: Lord of the Wings



Holy Crap.

Where has the Lord of the Wings been? I knew it was bad when when I had two independent friends ask "Are you still alive?" Actually I had a number of people tell me that they keep tabs on me through the blog, but since I haven't updated in months, they didn't know what was going on. It's good to know that people do read the blog!

So what have I been up to? 

  • Moving into the penthouse of my building.
  • Work Retreat.
  • Trip to Ottawa.
  • Continue Moving.
  • Conference at McMaster University in Hamilton.
  • Conference at Brock University in St. Catherines.
  • Upgrade in position at work (so working more now).
  • 2 sets of visitors in one extended weekend (yea Jason  and then Julianna, Alli and Jason 2).
  • Graduating from a Professional Training Institute.
  • Canada Day in Ottawa for a week, then off to Syracuse with LJ.

It has been a whirlwind 2 months and it's just been go go go. I've met a whole new crew of people, and even had my blog shouted out by a presenter in a session. I'm home now, sleeping in my own bed in my new place and I'm ready for the rest of the summer to be busy, but resuming normality.

I haven't stopped having wings though. Oh no. Actually I counted the reviews, recipes and food related things I've been doing, and I have almost 30 posts sitting in wait. 30. I have no idea how long it will take me to catch up. But I will. I won't lie, some might be a bit slimmer in review; I can often remember the taste of wings for over a month later, but there have been soooo many. I will try my best though.

I miss my blog terribly. I miss writing, I miss hearing from all of you.  It's been so weird not being here, or on twitter, or e-mail. But I'm coming back. Sorry for not getting back to you, following you. But I'm back baby, and wingier than ever. 

Wing Long and Prosper
Lord of the Wings

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like you're busy ... but a good busy.

Chris said...

And I thought you had gone to that great Hooters in the Sky.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Teena - yes. It took a small toll, but I met a lot of new people, connected with old friends, and learned a lot. But I'm ready to wing again!

@Chris - if only . . . if only :p