Tuesday 23 March 2010

WWWWWW #14 ~ Hunter Angler Gardiner Cook



Yes, World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday. WWWWWW. This is where I will surf the Web, and find other people talking about chicken wings. The world is full of chicken wing stories, wacky and otherwise. Recipes, restaurant reviews, eating contests or whatever. Today's Blog relating to wings in some shape or form:






"I write. I fish. I dig earth, raise plants, live for food and kill wild animals. I drink bourbon, Barolo or Budweiser with equal relish and wish I owned a farm. But most of all I think daily about new ways to cook and eat anything that walks, flies, swims, crawls, skitters, jumps – or grows. I am the omnivore who has solved his dilemma. This is my story." Hank Shaw


I don't remember how exactly I stumbled upon this blog (recently nominated for another James Beard Award), but somehow, Duck Buffalo Wings definitely caught my attention.



And another photo and info from the post Wild Duck "Buffalo Wings"




Sure he strays slightly from true Buffalo sauce, but these wings look great. Because duck wings are used much more than chicken wings, they are going to taste different he says. But the sauce looks good, and I wouldn't hesitate to try them. I wonder how much duck wings go for around here?

2 comments:

Hunter Angler Gardener Cook said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I bet you can get duck wings cheap at an Asian market if you have one near you...

Lord of the Wings said...

HAGC - No prob. Good idea on the Asian market . . . I will see what they've got!