Saturday 1 April 2006

PIZZA PIZZA ~ Toronto ON

It was inevitable: living in rez, late at night on a Friday AND trying to avoid work: a classic university call for pizza was in store. Who else else are you going to call than Canada's #1 pizza, Pizza Pizza?



Ok, so Pizza Pizza is not the best pizza out there. It is generic, it is cheap, it is everywhere and it does have a lot of selection. I know there are a lot of people who rag on Pizza Pizza, but its always been there when I needed them. Since Juliana and I were both sucessfully avoiding work and needed a late night bite, this classic take-out pizza seemed to be in order. And if I'm going to have pizza, well, why not have some wings to boot!





THE SCORE

SIZE of WINGS: medium to small
HEAT: 2/10 not hot at all
WET NAP FACTOR: pour your own sauce
(I could have ordered with sauce, but wanted to try the new flavour)
PRICE: $4.99 (6), $6.99 (10), $12.99 (20), $18.99 (30)

EXTRAS Info

SAUCE CHOICE: Blue Cheese/Honey Garlic/Honey Mustard/Hot/Mild/Plum/Sweet Chili Thai/Texas BBQ (I went with hot)
SIDES: none, unless you order sides
WETNAP: none, not even napkins
DEEP FRIED, GRILLED, BATTERED: Baked with choices of: classic/lightly breaded/cripsy breaded/zesty breaded (I went Zesty)
WING NIGHT: none, its a delivery pizza


They had a new type of wing, "Zesty Breaded", how could I resist? I normally get the sauce mixed in, but I wanted to taste the 'zesty'. Well to be honest, they were weak in flavour. Ok, there was a hint of 'zest' almost a lemon flavour (I guess), and then I doused them in hot sauce (which was good, but not hot at all). However, these were the best wings I have had from Pizza Pizza. They were meaty with breading, and I think anyone could handle the heat of these wings.

As for the pizza itself, went with the New York style Pepperoni pizza. This is what Juliana had to say about that:

"It was....yummy. Tasted like pepperonies.......and cheese. However, there was a lack of precision in the cutting of the pieces which made things slightly complicated."

The pepperoni was thicker than usual, and as Juliana pointed out, it tasted more like a pepperoni stick than their regualar meat spheres. Would I get it again? Probably. Oh and of course, Creamy Garlic Dipping Sauce, *drool* so good.


Jane stopped in to try and Steal Julina's slice!


While I wouldn't call Pizza Pizza for the wings alone, these wings were a good addition to a good pizza. Plus, we were all able to put off work for another night. Thanks Pizza Pizza, you came through once again.

Pizza Pizza
Various Locations
http://www.pizzapizza.ca/index2.htm

No comments: