Monday 9 September 2019

Eating Wings at a Crashed Work Party


My wife's office had a summer party (yes, at the end of the summer) and while they went and did some fun team building first (escape room), spouses were invited to the post food and drink at the Barley Mow in Westboro. Dinner's on the house, but they also have an appetizer spread - but what I took notice of, was the wings!


The wings were just straight up deep fried and left naked. They had 3 sauces on the side: Thai, Honey Garlic, and Hot. The wings were super crispy/crunchy and were actually good just as they were. I shun honey garlic, and had no interest in the Thai, so I just doused them in hot. This hot was not just regular Frank's, but was thick and velvety and really good. I almost didn't get a main meal because I would just feast on wings, but I didn't want to be greedy. I got a Caesar salad instead, which was huge, creamy, and despite not being that hungry, I demolished it.

At the end of the night, there was still wings left, so ...


Ya, I was pretty pumped about that.


Also should note, the Barley Mow has changed their wing night, it's still Thursdays, but it's only from 8pm-close. Bummer.

No comments: