Wednesday 3 August 2011

WWWWWW #45 - Darik Maasen Art



Yes, World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday. WWWWWW. This is where I will surf the Web, and find other people talking about chicken wings. The world is full of chicken wing stories, wacky and otherwise. Recipes, restaurant reviews, eating contests or whatever. Today's Blog relating to wings in some shape or form:





Darick Maasen is artist who does some cool stuff. Sketch, sculpture, 80's nostalgia - I really dig his style. He has both a website and blog, which is "A space highlighting new work and things I think relate...even if they don't".


I came across his work searching the web for chicken wings and art. And while I didn't find the cooked kind, I did find his Koopa Paratroopa Trophy. Yes Super Mario has never been so real. He used an antique taxidemied turtle and actual chicken wings. Now this is a scary foe to fight!



It's not chicken wing related, but I love this painting that captures my childhood:  Liono, Skeletor, My Pet Monster, Ninja Turtles . . . and they are playing UNO! You can own 'Toys playing Uno' for $70.


So check Darik out - there may not be cooked chicken wings on here, but there are some really fun and well done art.

No comments: