Tuesday 9 August 2011

I missed the Toronto Festival of Beers Wing Competition


Can you believe it? I didn't even know there was a wing competition. I knew about the Festival of Beer . . .



I found out from Keith, one of the security guards at my work this morning. He was like "where were you? Where were you?" I was all like, "what?" And then he showed me the article in the Toronto Sun. Above, winner Aaron "A-Train" Osthoff from Iowa took down 1.6 kilos (3 and a half pounds) of wings in 12 minutes to win $1500. Well done sir, well done.

Go check out the article and watch the video. I'm marking the event in my calendar for next year.

6 comments:

Ricky P. said...

I saw this on the news and if I remember correctly, they wern't even eating the wings properly, just racing to get the most meat off and stuffed into their mouths almost. It was actually kinda of disgusting and I'm glad you weren't there, because I'd never be able to look at you again without feeling the need to vomit.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Ricky - good to know I guess . . .

Teena in Toronto said...

I didn't know they had wings there either. We avoid this beer fest because it's so packed.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Teena - I can imagine. I was on a streetcar that day that was just people going to the fest. I was going with a friend to Fort York which was nicely un-crowded.

Chris said...

don't worry...the wings were frozen, warmed up in an oven and doused in a sauce of partially dehydrogenated butter substitute and hot sauce powder. You didn't miss anything.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Chris - also good to know!