Tuesday 12 June 2007

RECIPE: Rob Rainford's Spicy Chicken Wings

Flipping through channels at dinner one of my Food Network shows loves, Licence to Grill was on. What I love about LTG is, well the BBQ. Rob Rainford, the host, loves it too - and I like his passion for spicy foods. Sometimes his enthusiasm can get a bit annoying but a man who loves the BBQ this much gets some leeway. Tonight, Rob said the magic words: chicken wings.


Spicy Chicken Wings

  • 1 cup of coconut milk – (250ml)
  • 2 tbsp of tandoori paste – (30ml)
  • 1/3 cup of peanut butter – (75ml)
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic
  • Juice from 2 lemons
  • 1 tsp of five spice powder – (5ml)
  • 2 lb. of chicken wings – (1000grams)

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. For marinade, combine coconut milk, tandoori paste, peanut butter, garlic, lemon juice and five spice powder and mix until ingredients are united. Pour mixture in to a sealable plastic bag and add chicken wings.
  2. Once the bag is sealed, toss the bag back and forth to ensure chicken wings are well covered.
  3. Marinade chicken wings for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.
  4. For grilling, place marinated chicken wings on the grill over a medium flame and grill for 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until nice and golden. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through.
  5. Serve with favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!



Now these wings haven't been tested here at LOTW blog, but they look tasty. I don't have a BBQ, but when I get one, I will so try this out. That is my love-hate relationship with LTG - I see all this food I would love to make . . . but I just can't. Oh well, you always have to have a dream.

Check out the rest of Rob's Block Party at the Food Network.


No comments: