Saturday 17 March 2007

recipe link -Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

Searching for chicken wings on the internet, I came across Nikki's blog with a delicious sounding recipe for what she calls, "Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup"*










*NOTE: it doesn't actually contain chicken wings, but the flavour associated with them. I don't hold that against her whatsoever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
Jan 21, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Like wings but feel naughty about eating them?? Meeeeeee toooooo... so I found some recipes for soup (one of my friends brought it in to work the other day!) and made it my own.

  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1/4 cup (4Tbs) butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup milk (i used skim!)
  • 14oz can chicken broth
  • 2 cups cooked diced chicken (I used 3 breasts)
  • 4oz Velveeta (low fat ok!)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup Franks Red Hot or Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce (used combo of both)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
  • Bleu Cheese Crumbles

Cook onion and celery in butter until tender, stir in flour. SLOWLY whisk in milk and chicken broth. Add chicken. Add velveeta and stir until melted. Add hot sauce, sour cream, and sprinkle with bleu cheese to your taste preference. Cook low, stirring constantly until heated through and bleu cheese is melted. SERVE!

For my chicken breasts, I marinated them in Franks Red Hot sauce, and Lawry's Garlic Pepper overnight... grilled them on my indoor grill/panini thing, and tore them up by hand to put in the soup.

This is good.







No comments: