Friday 31 July 2020

Celebrating National Chicken Wing Day 2020 with Wings 2 Ways: Sriracha Buffalo & Salt'n'Pepper

HAPPY NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY EVERYONE!!!


How did you celebrate?

I made wings. I knew I was going to make wings but it wasn't until an hour before showtime that I decided what we were going to have.

Wanna see how I did it?




Maybe I'm going to be getting back into the Youtube/WKTV thing again? What did you think?


This was the whole meal - wings, fries, and carrot coins with blue cheese dip. The fries sucked. McCain frozen fries. Would not get again. The blue cheese and carrot was good though.


The deep fried wings. Aren't they glorious on their own? I had to re-scrub down my deep fryer from the last time I used it, but it was well worth it. You cannot beat a deep fried wing.


Sauced and tossed. The only problem I had was that I over-sauced them, as well as sauced them too early, by the time we actually ate them they were a bit soggy. Delicious, but soggy.


Surprisingly, everyone's favourite wing was the Salt 'n Pepper. They did turn out perfect though - light but very crunchy skin, with the right amount of salt and pepper. What I did was eat the skin, then dipped the chicken in the Sriracha Buffalo sauce.



The actual photo of my plate of food. Well, round one anyway. Everyone had seconds of wings!


Do you know what was also good? Drizzling blue cheese on the Sriracha Buffalo sauce. Creamy on steamy!


So we had a great meal and I'm so happy we got to do it up right. What kind of wings did you have?

No comments: