Tuesday 21 January 2020

#nonwingsunday = BBQ Beef Caesar Salad Sandwich



It was lunch and I needed to use up some leftovers. A roast of beef end chunk, some romaine, some surprisingly un-eaten bacon. I was inspired back in the days when I lived and worked at Chestnut Residence and station chef's Catherine & Margret who used to dish out made-to-order salads at lunch. One was a BBQ beef Caesar salad which I used to love.

So I sliced up my leftover roast beef, and fried it in Sweet Baby Ray Honey BBQ sauce. While that was reheating away, I chopped and cleaned the last of the romaine, chopped some bacon, whipped up a Caesar concoction, added some lemon juice, ground some black pepper, then tossed the salad. I toasted some English muffins (not bread on hand), then layered it salad, Parmesan petals, beef. It was freaking good and tasted just like my salads from days of yore.

LJ said my photos looked so good that I made the same for dinner the next night (sans the sandwich, just a salad). I can still taste it and wish I was having this again for a meal soon!

No comments: