Sunday 5 April 2015

More hot sauce



LJ & I ordered some of our favourite take-out Chinese this weekend. I asked for extra hot sauce (Wing's Food Ltd Hot Chili Sauce). When I went to pick it up, they confirmed my order and gave me even more hot sauce.



After we used many packets, I still had lots left over so I added them to my stash. I try and ration these sauce packets, but after actually collectivizing them all, it seems I have 40 left.

Turns out I don't need to ration anymore.




 I love this sauce but have only ever seen it in these packages. According to the website they either come like this or in a 2 x 4 liter jugs . . . so does anyone want to go in on a 4l jug with me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH GOD R I P WING'S SAUCE. VENTURA FOODS HAS BOUGHT OUT WING'S AND ISN'T MAKING THIS SAUCE ANY MORE. !!!!

Anonymous said...

I just had this for the first time on an Air Canada flight. Looks like they don't sell these for consumers. Do you know any other hot chili sauces that tastes like this?

Lord of the Wings said...

@anon #1 & #2 - I've seen this at Wholesale Club, but its a big box for one consumer. I've debated getting it and squirting all the packets into a jar - but that's a lot of time. As for finding a similar tasting sauce, not yet but I'm on the lookout!!!

Anonymous said...

You can buy a box of it, it comes as 500 packets. Amazon sells it, I have also found local restaurant suppliers sell it for cheaper.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Anon - I have seen it at a Restaurant Supply store last year and debated on buying the 500 packets! I didn't but I still might as I miss that sauce and the Chinese restaurants around here don't seem to carry it. Thanks for letting me know though!!!

Alwin said...

Has anyone found out the closest tasting sweet chilli sauce in the Market now?? Please share. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Ive bought the box several times. I share a lot of it with friends and family. Everyone loves it