Wednesday 1 August 2012

WWWWWW #70 Lloyd's Snack Rack Ribs

Yes, World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday. WWWWWW. This is where I will surf the Web, and find other people talking about chicken wings. The world is full of chicken wing stories, wacky and otherwise. Recipes, restaurant reviews, eating contests or whatever. Today's Blog relating to wings in some shape or form:




With Ribfest just days away . . . I figured lets have a rib themed entry this week. Which brought me to Lloyd's:

"Hi. My name is Lloyd and ever since I was old enough to taste the difference between true BBQ smoking and grilling, I’ve loved barbeque. As I grew older and learned my way around the smokehouse, I wanted to share my passion with the barbeque-deprived masses. The problem was, barbequing took too much time. Then, like a spark from a hickory log, I had an idea: what if I created authentic, great-tasting barbeque that cooks in minutes?
In 1978, after lots of hard work—and lots of barbeque— I founded the Lloyd’s Barbeque Company so that folks could enjoy restaurant quality ribs right at home. Since then, I’ve been serving up rack after rack of giant ribs, each one slow-cooked in hickory smoke and slathered in my famous original barbeque sauce.
With the success of my ribs, I expanded my product line to include barbeque-shredded meats in resealable tubs for those hectic dinners with the kids. More barbeque breakthroughs followed, like my Lloyd's Woodfire Barbeque® sauce-less meats you add your own perfect sauce to, my snack size line of SNACKRACK ribs, for instant barbeque gratification and single-size barbeque for quick and tasty lunch-B-Qs."

Rib snacks eh? Well do you have wing flavoured rib snacks?


So they do. Spicy Buffalo Sauce in fact. Interesting.

Some funny quotes from their site:

"Like my BBQ, my homepage has a lot of meat to it."

"Add BBQ to your cooking repertoire, whatever repertoire means."

"The secret to my BBQ success? I listen to my taste buds."

"I'm not just living my dream. I'm eating it."

"My BBQ is the fruit of my labor. Only instead of fruit it's made of meat."

"For those times you want BBQ between BBQs try my SNACKRACK ribs."

Lloyd


I'm skeptical about the product, but the guy sounds interesting!
Have you tried Snackribs?

No comments: