Wednesday 8 December 2010

WWWWWW #34 - FAIL Blog



Yes, World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday. WWWWWW. This is where I will surf the Web, and find other people talking about chicken wings. The world is full of chicken wing stories, wacky and otherwise. Recipes, restaurant reviews, eating contests or whatever. Today's Blog relating to wings in some shape or form:






FAIL Blog started in 2008 and was absorbed into the "I Can Has Cheezburger?" family. The site highlights what wikipedia describes as "pictures and videos of someone (or something) failing at something they are supposed to do captioned with the words "fail", "epic fail" or "X Fail" (X being the activity that the person failed at), although occasionally there are some cases of "wins"."


Lately Lord of the Wings has been a bit of a fail. I have many post and reviews that just haven't gone up. I haven't been supporting my online community. Fortunately, I started World Wide Web Wacky Wing Wednesday to not only highlight chicken wings on the web, but to force myself to get at least one post a week out there. This week I was fortunate to have Chris over at Nibble Me This looking out for me, even though I haven't been to his delicious blog in recent times (to be fair, I haven't been to anyone's blog lately - sorry). He sent me a link for a chicken wing Price Fail:



Man, those are some expensive wings! $50 per wing?!  Those had better be some amazing wings. Oh Wingstreet . . .



There are lots of chicken related FAILS on the site. This is a Best Beef Fail:  Southern Fried Chicken that is made from 100% Beef.


Or how about this Chicken Fail "Fresh Old Chicken"? What do you do with fresh old chicken?


This is a Hunger Fail - you know, the pigeon eying those rotisserie chickens. Disturbing.


Once and a while the site has WINs. I love this Trash TV WIN from Maury Povich. What better way to confront a fear of chickens than a six foot man in a chicken suit. Love it.



Courage Fail has nothing to do with chickens, but the look of terror on the riot police at a clown with a water gun is priceless.

So if you feel like laughing at other peoples mistakes and suffering, check out FAIL Blog. And thank you Chris for sending me the link. Meanwhile, I will try and return this blog to a WIN. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hilarious, you mined some Fail Gold out of that site!

I think the pigeon is my favorite.

Lord of the Wings said...

@Chris - I did - thanks for the link. I don't know if that pigeon is cannibalistic or not, but it's creepy.