WK Garlic Alfredo Chicken Bacon Pizza
- pizza dough
- garlic Alfredo sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- roasted/grilled chicken breast, chopped
- cooked, crisp bacon, chopped
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Spread flour on flat surface, roll out pizza dough until flat
- Roll bottom of pizza in corn meal
- Pour and spread Garlic Alfredo sauce
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- Sprinkle cheese
- Add chicken, bacon
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Bake in oven pre-heated 350 degrees for 25 minutes (approx)
- Remove, cut into slices, enjoy
The kneading process. LJ doesn't have a rolling pin so I used a hot sauce bottle. In the far left, you can see the bacon, then a plate of cornmeal. On the far right, roasted chicken breast.
Alfredo & Roasted Garlic sauce. From the pizza place we usually get Garlic Parmesan sauce, but this is good substitute.
Ah, the final product. The cheese was melted and caramelized perfectly, the crust wasn't too thick, and the chicken with the bacon tasted like a club pizza should.
The downside was that I brought the pizza out of the oven and put it back on the cutting board with the flour on it, so it got dusted and the crust tasted too much like flour. Also, the sauce was pretty mild in flavour.
What would I have done differently? Well, I personally would have 'Buffaloized' the chicken in hot sauce, add onions, and probably some jalapeno pepper rings. And if I could have made a thinner crust, this pizza would have been a real hit. Next time, more spice, more heat!
More photos HERE at the Wing Bucket.