Thursday 5 October 2006

The Chestnut Report: Part IV of a XX Part Series

"This is the church, this is the steeple,
open the doors, ATTACKED BY AN EAGLE (wing)! AW! AW!
This is The Chestnut Report!"




Welcome back to Part IV of a XX part series, Better Know a Chestnut Wing

One would think it would have been simple to figure out what to have for lunch today, but I had to use the DaWing Code to figure out.

It started out with:

Lunch - lunch box - boxing - Don King - King Wencesslass - mur - Mer-man - He-Man - Skeletor - Skeleton - Keith Richards - Rolling Stones - rock and roll - the 70's - That 70's Show - Wisconsin - Michigan - Detroit - Detroit Red Wings : WINGS!!!!

Wings in the caf. The DaWing Code worked again. But wings were not all, there was also perogies to be had.

Topped with cheese, fried onions, sour cream and some rooster hot sauce, I had to put these potato dumplings On Notice because they were good, but not great. These were soggy and without bacon on top, so I couldn't fully endorse today's side dish. But of course, loyal readers know the main event was: Chestnut Wings, The Fight'n Chestnut Wings.



Knowing these wings, I had to give a Tip of the Hat and a Wag of the Flapper. The tip of the hat goes out to the BBQ wings - with their crispy coating and sweet but mildly spicy sauce that had me going up for seconds. I wanted to have more, but the perogies acted as a filler, and I didn't even have the curly fries that accompanied them.


My Wag of the Flapper goes to the other flavour of sauce served today: Honey Garlic. What a waste of the chicken wing. So much so I'm putting it up on the THREAT DOWN board.

THREAT DOWNS
-honey garlic wings
-wasted wings

My other Threat Down goes to wings I saw wasted on other peoples trays - extra wings that were destined for the garbage. How could you even toss half of one away? my precious . . .

So the Truthiness of the matter is, the BBQ wings are great, meaty, crunchy and very very saucy. What a great way to get into training for THE GREAT WING TOUR

No comments: