Sunday 22 August 2010

From Toronto to Ottawa and Back

So it is official, I'm back in Toronto.


It's a little strange being back. I've been gone for about two years and I'm right back where I started. Everything is so familiar, and yet so much has changed. I have to say, I am sad leaving Ottawa. Ottawa was a great city and I feel I never got to see all there was to offer. I was just starting to meet more members of a great foodie community and really enjoy eating there. And I think I was starting to have a bit of impact myself.



Just before leaving the Capital, Katie at Apt613.ca, THE Ottawa community blog on all the scenes in Ottawa (food, events, arts, etc) contacted me and asked me to write an article about the top 5 places to get wings. I was very flattered and excited to do the write up. A few days later and I found out I was going to be leaving. So I changed the focus to the Top 5 places I was going to miss. And I love the title they gave the article: "The Lord of the Wings decrees: The five best chicken wings in Ottawa.


I'm still going to be going back to Ottawa semi-regularly so its not completely goodbye. There are still lots of places to be trying for wings. But I'm happy in Toronto with so many new chicken wings focused places opened since I left. I'm torn in all directions, but it's all good. Plus I'm probably having chicken wings for supper tonight, so it's all good.

7 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Welcome, my friend!

indianguy said...

Yes? Hi! Welcome to the Toronto. We have the lots of deliciousness.

PJQ Pub said...

You will be missed LOTW!

Chris - Nachos at Midnight said...

Sorry to see you leave Ottawa... but glad you're able to go back to a city you love. Keep an eye on Toronto for me... I'll keep a watchful one on Ottawa for you :)

Chris said...

I'm sure you'll be reinvigorated with the change of scenery, albeit familiar scenery.

Unknown said...

I live in Ottawa and I'm wondering what your impression is of the ClockTower wings.

I also can't for the life of me believe you put the Honest Lawyer wings on your top 5 list!

Mike

Lord of the Wings said...

Teena - Good to be back!

Indian guy - Yes? and I want to try parmageddon!

PJQ - So will you!

Nacho Chris - Sounds like a plan.

Chris - I'm excited to get back to doing wing reviews!

Michel - For my full review, search for clock tower. Good sauces, but I've found the big wings to be very chewy. I know, Honest Lawyer wouldn't be everyone's top, but I had some darn good wings there before I left.


THanks to everyone for the good wishes and hopefully for coming back after my long departure!