He seems like a great guy, but sometimes, sometimes, he just seems to squeeky clean. His presentation style is very simple and warm, but I often feel like he's talking to kids not adults. Not that he's talking down to us, just . . . slow. On Chef @ Home he has great ideas of cooking for family, time restraints and for entertaining. But I'll be honest, I can't stand his kid Gabe - who I suspect is a bit spoiled after seeing him on the show several times. Oh others say he`s cute, but not me.
Anyways, I had him on today in the background with the episode Hearty Chili when I heard the magical words "Buffalo Wings." Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? My attention became sharp to the TV, where I realized he was making a wing-influenced salad, but it still sounded pretty tasty. He talked about how to make traditional Buffalo butter sauce, and the significance of hot sauce. I wish the clip was on the world wide web, but its not. Either way, looks like a tasty salad, you know, for a salad.
Please Note - Chicken Wing Salad has no actual chicken wings in it.
'Buffalo' Chicken Wing Salad with Blue Cheese
Chef At Home - Michael Smith
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 batch Spicy Chicken Sauce (recipe from this episode)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, washed and cut into sticks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Spicy Chicken Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper until well coated.
- Pour oil into pan and add the chicken.
- Cook on one side until it's golden brown and then flip and cook the other side until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove with tongs and place in a bowl.
- Pour Spicy Chicken Sauce over hot chicken, toss well to coat.
- Put lettuce, celery and chicken into a salad bowl. Drizzle any excess chicken sauce over the salad and add the lemon juice.
- Toss well and garnish with crumbled blue cheese.
Spicy Chicken Sauce
- Whisk together the butter, hot sauce and ketchup
Photos from Food Network Canada