Monday 14 April 2008

RECIPE: Boss Hog's Suicide Wing Recipe



Tom Diavolitsis, owner of Boss Hog's, contacted me recently. Famous for their ribs that the crew and myself tried out at Ribfest (see review HERE), Boss Hog's won the prestigious People's Choice Award for their smokey, sweet, delicious ribs.

He was kind enough to send me his recipe for Suicide Wings that he says "I have had rants and raves about that sauce on wings... myself just the fumes while cooking it are enough to keep me on the simple bbq sauce path!!"


BOSS HOG TOM DIAVOLITSIS's SUICIDE SAUCE

In a medium saucepan add....
  • 2 cups chicken broth (canned from grocery store)
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 cup crushed dehydrated habanero peppers or hot peppers
  • 1/2 cup cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 ground white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 cups Franks hot sauce

Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium, let simmer for 10 mins. Now add a cup of your favorite bbq sauce (next to Boss Hogs sauce my choice would be Diana's)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It sounds good and spicy to me! I don't know when I'll get the chance to make this but if anyone out there in the Wing Nation, let me know how it turns out.

Check out Boss Hog's Website at http://www.bosshogsbbq.ca/ (temporarily under construction)

Thanks Tom!

Wing King

No comments: