Monday 26 April 2021

#nonwingsunday = Grilled Spicy Salmon

 


I was really hoping this was going to go a different way. We bought this beautiful cut of salmon. I researched ways to cook it, knowing I was not going to be a big fan. See I like fish, but not all fish. I love fish & chips. Breaded, fried, fish with fries. I like a fish sandwich. Breaded, fried sandwich. But the only salmon I have ever really liked was from a tin and slathered in mayo (well as a kid we had Miracle Whip, but that's a story for another day).

So as the description above stated, I rubbed it well in some spices, let it marinate, then grilled it. It looked really good, but if I smelt it on the grill, I would almost gag. I was going to try it damn it, but I didn't have much faith I could eat it all.

It was cooked perfectly, and we had it with some boiled potatoes. My family said it was really good, so I took a bite ... the first moment ... not too bad. Then seconds later the fishy flavour kicked in and god it was awful. I only took a small piece, and I finished it, but yuckers. Boiled potatoes with butter and salt and pepper never tasted so good!

We had leftovers and I tried to have it again, but no deal. A few bites in and I just wanted to vomit. I tried. I really tried. 

No comments: