Thursday 21 May 2020

BAKER STREET STATION PUBLIC HOUSE 2015, Guelph ON - LOST REVIEW

It's time for another #tbt & #lostreview:


I'm almost finished going through 2015. This one goes back to late January 2015 and it's truly a lost review because at first I had no recollection of this trip and review. I vaguely remember going, but I don't remember the details, and I don't have notes at all.


I was in Guelph Ontario for a work conference. Actually the conference wasn't for me, I was just the work supervisor for some of my staff and staff from another department. We were at the University of Guelph in Guelph Ontario, and we had an evening off for dinner. I don't know Guelph very well, and I have no idea how we ended up at The Baker Street Public House.


The Baker Street Station Public House is in the vein of an English pub but a more modern menu. The crowd was mixed as you can see in the above photo. It's an old house and it's tight inside, but it has a lot of character.


Here's the crew I brought: Vanessa, Mary, Aaron, ??? (can't remember her name, this was the first time I met her!), James and Dan. They were a good bunch and were delightful for going away with.


They had wings and some very interesting flavours: Peri-Peri? Ghost Pepper & Winter Peach? Applejack? Miso & Sesame? What?! That is a tough list to choose from.


I have no recollection of these wings, at all. I'm sure I got Hot with a side of the Ghost Pepper & Winter Peach. Pretty sure. It came out on a wooden plank which looks cool, but you have little to no wiggle room for dropping. Also no bone bowl that I can see.




It came with veggie and dip. That dip looks like a blue cheese to me but not sure. 



The wings look big. They look dusted and meaty. They kind of look like they aren't crispy enough, but I don't know.


They definitely came saucy. They look messy and I really want to try them again!


This must be the Ghost Pepper & Winter Peach. What a fascinating combination. Too bad I don't remember the flavour or the spicy heat on this.



Did it go with the Hot sauce? Who knows.


These seem like they would have been good wings but I don't remember anything about this food. This is why I take notes.


Baker Street Station Public House
76 Baker Street, Guelph ON
bakerstreetstation.ca

No comments: