Monday 30 December 2019

Smoque Shack Piri Piri BURN



This isn't an official review but here are a few notes:


  • The new location is really nice - dig the vibe going on, the decore, the smokey smell of meat cooking. Looks great.



  • We were not a big fan of the new menu, in that everything is ala carte now. As in no sandwich comes with a side, there are no BBQ combos. Our waiter said you can make your own. The downside of this is that everything is pretty pricey. That's what I like about a combo, the value. That being said:



  • The food was just so delicious
  • My wife had the Sausage links and a side of Deep Fried Pickles
  • My father-in-law got the Jerk Pork with a side of Sweet Potato Fries.
  • I went with the Burnt End Sandwich and a side of Onion Rings, and a side of the Piri Piri.
  •  We also ordered some corn bread. 
  • Everything was really really good. Tasted fantastic and lots of little details (they even rub the onion rings in spices!). 



  • But that Piri Piri, which doesn't taste anything like any piri piri hot sauce I've ever had (almost more of a jerk flavour) was so hot I could barely dip an onion ring or two in it. I kept trying, but it burned so bad! My father-in-law tried it with reckless abandon (even with my warning and his knowledge that I eat much spicier food) and he was in a small coughing fit. My wife wouldn't even try it. 
  • I had some more today at lunch and so hot, but so good. 
  • I don't know why they make it so hot, or why our waiter didn't offer a warning with it ...



No comments: