Thursday 1 August 2019

#tbt June WINGSANITY @ St Louis



Back in June St Louis had their Wingsanity deal back on - $19.99 AYCE wings. This time you got a full pound of wings to start with fries, and then half a pound, then like 5 wings after that. Here's what I know - I can't eat as much as I used to, and this is a slight compilation of two visits, although some of the flavours were repeated. Here's a quick review of what are probably my favourite flavours on their menu. All the wings were "Dusted" and they were all a very good size, crispy, and juicy. The sauciness of each of the orders was inconsistent as some were really saucy, and others not so much.

ROUND 1: HOT

I used to have disdain for St Louis signature Hot sauce/wings - to me they weren't Buffalo wings and that upset me. Well, they aren't trying to be Buffalo wings. Once I accepted that fact, I've come to really appreciate them. They have a marinated hot sauce feel that's peppery but also rich. Since my first round was going to be the largest, I might as well get a good standard flavour.

ROUND 1BSPICY GARLIC PARM

This was LJ`s first order on our trip together, but of course I was sampling & I enjoy them. It`s like it`s tossed in hot sauce, then tossed in garlic Parmesan sauce. So it`s creamy, and a little bit spicy.

ROUND 2: MISSISSIPPI HONEY BBQ

This is one of my favourite sauces - its sticky, sweet, savory and just really good on breaded fried chicken. I would save this for last, but I go second because these days I don`t know how many wings I can eat at a time.

ROUND 2B: SUICIDE

Ok, let`s up the heat. Suicide has a nice heat but it`s not killer. Not as flavourful as Hot, but good.

ROUND 3: BUFFALO RANCH

I wanted to do a mix up of creamy and hot. This is pretty straight forward, but I actually wish they did Buffalo Dill, and mixed their Buffalo sauce with their Dill dip.

ROUND 4: FRANK`s RED HOT DRY RUB

I like this powder/dry rub on the wings, although there wasn't much. I was creamed out and didn't know where else to go, so I went with my last few wings being crispy and dry. But I took advantage of all the Dill dip to, well, dip my wings. It's not how I normally would finish off my wings, but that's the way it goes.


Overall, it I had 2 successful trips where I left VERY full and very satisfied. I had good wings and good service and my second visit I definitely felt I had fully experienced WINGSANITY.

No comments: