Thursday 14 May 2020

LOST REVIEW - BAITUL MUQADAS HALAL PIZZA & WINGS 2015 - Toronto ON

It's time for another #throwbackthursday & #lostreview! 

The year was 2015, I was living in Toronto, and I spent a lot more time up on the Danforth area, especially farther east. This was mainly due to the fact I was living away from work in a condo and I either had a metropass or a car depending on the time of year. There were so many new restaurants to try, but sometimes it was hard to narrow down when I would go. Well one night I hit the road and made an obvious decision one night.


photo from Google streetview 2015

Lots of take-out joints are "Pizza & Wings" and the wings catch my eye, but Baitul Maqadas also had a big sign saying "WINGS SPECIAL" out front, so I had to try them out.



The place is mainly take-out and/or delivery, but there were a few tables inside for dine-in. I was getting my food to go however. There were a lot of old men just hanging out inside, and it was a little weird. The place was full of Islamic religious symbols, but I didn't know the context of the name until right now: Baitul Muqadas, also known as Al-Asque Mosqu in Old Jerusalem, is the third most holy site in all of Islam.  


Pizza and fried chicken seem to be the go-to here from what I saw of people ordering around me, but I went with the wings. Now the 'Wing Special' they advertise is not really a special, and I'm not a huge fan of this trickery that many pizza joints employ; buy 6, get 6 free. Ok no, you are buying 12 wings for $8.49. It sounds like you are getting a deal, but you're not, not really.


I went with an order of 12 wings that came in a styrofoam clamshell that itself was in a paper bag. No napkins, dips, or veggies came with the wings.


The wings were small, but they were pretty meaty. They were breaded in a coating and deep fried making them pretty crispy.


I got Hot, and by looking at the photos you can't really tell, but they were tossed in the sauce. What small amounts of sauce they used, it was absorbed into the skin pretty quick. This led to the sauce being pretty weak, which was too bad.

I found the wings overall ok. I said "It was alright, it was alright. Would I have it again? There's other places to go". And I've never been back since.


Baitul Muqadas Halal Pizza & Wings
2584 Dundas Ave, Toronto ON

No comments: