Thursday 28 May 2020

LORD of the WINGS BLOG TURNS 15 TODAY!!! 2005-2020 & BEYOND!!!



On May 28th 2005, I did one thing that changed my life forever. I started The Lord of the Wings blog. Today marks 15 years of reviews, recipe, and news about all things wings.

Can you imagine I've been blogging about chicken wings for 15 years? Who talks about chicken wings for 15 years?!?! Well, I do.


It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating 10 years of blogging, with my retrospective on the blog back in 2015. Check out some of the major milestones this blog has done over the years. I mean I've eaten and judged at competitions, I went on a Great Wing Tour and visited the Mecca of chicken wings. I've been interviewed by various media and I was even on TV!



The last 5 years has been full of change in my personal life which affected the blog a lot. I was changing jobs and moving a few times. I lost some dear people in my life. I got married, moved again, and bought a house and moved again. Changed jobs a few more times too. At the start, the blog suffered, but with some effort and renewed enthusiasm, the last few years I've been doing more content and reviews than ever before.


When I started back in 2005, I had been trying to do a website for so long but just didn't have the skills. Blogger came along and was a great tool that I continue to use today. I wanted a place to record my quest for the best wing out there. I set out with a simple scoring method, a digital camera, and a hunger for wings. The reviews still maintain the same rough outline, but some things look a lot better:


Since then I've branched out into Twitter (@lordofthewings) and Instagram (@lotw_wingking) and that also has changed so much of what I do and post. At one point I was even doing Youtube videos as WKTV (Wing King TV) but was not able to keep up with making videos. But I've missed doing the videos for so long. And now, I'm pleased to announce that 2020 will be the return of WKTV!!!


I was hoping to have the first episode of Season 3 up and ready for today, but that's not the case. I'm hoping to keep doing wing-related recipes, but also plan on doing wing reviews, sauce reviews, and anything else food related on the channel. I still have a lot of tweeking left to do, but it's on it's way.


Finally I wanted to say thank you to everyone who supports me and my wing endevours. My wife, my family, my friends, and everyone of you that reads the blog, likes a photo, makes a recipe, or leaves a comment. Thanks for 15 years of making my quest so much more fun.

So here's to 15 years - hope to see you in another 15 years!!! Have a wing for me, I'm going to go take down a few myself today.


Wing Long & Prosper
#lotw15years

Wing King
Lord of the Wings
JB


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following this blog for 4+ years and I LOVE IT! I never knew anyone who loved chicken wings as much as I do. Please keep up the awesome work and thank you.

Lord of the Wings said...

@anonymous - Thanks for following and for commenting and for the kind words!!! You rock!

Walker Gerald said...

Grateful for sharing tthis