Thursday 25 June 2009

RECIPE - Bobby Flay's Chicken Wings with Red Hot Honey Glaze and Blue Cheese-Celery Dipping Sauce

Food Network on my radar again. But I'll be honest, I'm feeling pretty lazy on this post. Bobby Flay was grilling on his envious patio, making pub food. It was Boy Meets Grill, and I wasn't too keen on watching, but again I heard the word "wings" and was glued.





Chicken Wings with Red Hot Honey Glaze and Blue Cheese-Celery Dipping Sauce
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2007


Ingredients

For the wings:

  • 1 cup hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 24 chicken wings, tips removed

For the blue cheese-celery dipping sauce:

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup finely diced celery
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (recommended: Cabrales)
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper


For the wings:
Directions
  1. Heat grill to medium-high.
  2. Combine the hot sauce, honey and butter in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture comes together, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Pour half of the sauce in a bowl and keep the remaining sauce in the pan, warm over low heat.
  3. Season the wings on both sides with the salt and pepper. Brush the wings with the reserved sauce in the bowl and place on the grill. Grill on each side for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove wings from the grill and toss with the warm hot sauce. Transfer to a platter and serve with the blue cheese sauce on the side for dipping.

For the blue cheese-celery dipping sauce:

  1. Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.



Nothing new or two exciting here. Grilled wings painted in hot sauce, then tossed in hot sauce. I really don't have much to say about these.
Go over to Nibble Me This, he made way better looking wings.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stupid Bobby Flay and his enviable patio! (shaking fist)

:)

Good on you WK for keeping up the frequent posts!

Lord of the Wings said...

DLB- Thanks, I'm trying. I really want that patio by the way. Like bad.

Chris said...

Thanks for the link!

I was reading this and thinking to myself....5 min per side? I know he's direct grilling instead of indirect but I can't believe those would be done. Ick.

Yeah, his patio is pretty awesome. I could live in a dirt floor shack and wouldn't care as long as I had that patio!

Teena in Toronto said...

They're not really grabbing me either.