Thursday 13 September 2018

#TBT & LOST REVIEW: Paula Dean`s Wing Sauce - Sauce Review



It's #throwbackthursday & another LOST REVIEW!!!


Back in 2011 I was given some Paula Deen Hot Hot Wing Sauce as a gift (sadly, I don't remember who gave it to me - thanks though). This was two years before Paula's racism was known and her disappearance from mainstream cookery media. 



I watched Paula Deen on occassion - I was shocked by her recipes. I could not get over the day I watched her make a super heavy spaghetti dish, and then topped it with butter. Butter, on top of a spaghetti with meat sauce. Wow.

Anyways, I was doing a sauce review of her Hot Hot Wing Sauce ... and to be honest I forgot all about this sauce until I found my trove of lost reviews. I had gone to the St Lawrence Market in Toronto (was living there at the time) and got some fresh chicken wings that I deep fried up, and added the sauce with some butter. I don't remember how the sauce was, so you will have to just enjoy the photos. But don't forget about the racism.










No comments: