Saturday 6 February 2010

Serious Eats: In Search of the Best Oven-Fried Buffalo Wings

The Food Lab over at Serious Eats is busy with wings these days, and chef J. Kenji Lopez-Alt does some serious science into creating an Oven-fried Buffalo wing.


I haven't had time to take it all in yet and study all the findings, but it does look interesting. While the author does clearly state the issue of a Buffalo Wing being deep fried, I fear the article still does harm to the name by confusing people into thinking it's ok to call HOT WINGS Buffalo wings. But that's just my cause.
Also, I am no professional chef, but oven-frying? Isn't that just baking/roasting?
The results look tasty and I will come back and write up some fully thought out comments to these soon.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Then I guess I am "Egg frying" my wings ;)

Teena in Toronto said...

They look good ... but baking 'em sounds odd.

Lord of the Wings said...

Chris - I'm out of it, I had to really think about 'egg' frying, then I understood you meant your beautiful BGE

Teena - I know, it's just not right.