Tuesday 22 July 2008

LOTW BBQ Spicy Side Ribs v1.0 ~ RECIPE

It's coming . . . can you smell it?
RIBFEST is almost here!
But it's not here yet. And since I can't wait, I made . . .

LOTW BBQ SPICY SIDE RIBS v1.0:
INGREDIENTS
  • side ribs
  • bbq rub
    SAUCE
  • PC Beer & Chipotle BBQ Sauce
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • Siracha hot sauce
  • Frank's Redhot

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Cut membrane off the back of the ribs
  2. Cut ribs into smaller portions
  3. Boil ribs in garlic and salt water
  4. When ribs cooked, pat dry
  5. Rub with spices, let sit
    SPICY BBQ SAUCE
  6. mix sauces together
    GRILL
  7. heat grill
  8. add ribs
  9. When ribs almost done, brush on sauce
  10. Enjoy!

I have to BBQ on the building's patio, so here I've packed the sauce mixture in an old cream cheese container. And yes, the sauce is a cheat cuz I just mixed store bought sauces.

Boiling the ribs. I hate this part. It stinks, and the
pot is a bitch to clean later. But boiling means tender ribs.


Here are the ribs, boiled, patted dry, rubbed and then left
for several hours in the fridge.


Spicy rub on the pork side ribs on the grill.


Love that fire, the coals, the heat on the meat!


Ribs still without sauce, grilling to the point of being slightly crispy outside, tender juicy inside.


Adding first layer of sauce. Doesn't that look good? Flip ribs and apply more sauce to back. Then flip again and add one more dose of sauce just before serving.

The finished product, from grill to plate!


The rub seasons the meat on the inside, while the sauce adds a goey
flavour to the outside. Together, they are the dynamic duo.


The meat was tender inside. I think if I had boiled the ribs
in apple juice it would have added a whole new dynamic level of flavour.


But that would be a lot of apple juice and I'm just not ready for that.


Ya, it got my bite of approval. It's no RIBFEST ribs, but
it was good enough to hold me over.


And I had leftovers too. And I made them into

RIB FAJITAS

No comments: